Friday, July 10, 2020

Monkey Time


Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.” Samuel Ullman

This month, please enjoy an excerpt "Monkey Time" from my book, "Messages Are Everywhere".

The light is shining brightly. The air sweetly caresses my face as I stroll along the path in Costa Rica. Butterflies dance around in colors of royal blue, banana yellow, and striking orange. The palm trees click in the breeze creating a soothing sound.
Looking over to my left, I watch as the turquoise blue ocean peddles in and moves out, as I become aware of my breathing coming in and going out. Easy does it, I have all the time in the world to relax and take it all in.

I hear rustling and turn to see a monkey hanging upside down from the tree. He appears to be playing hide and seek with me. I begin to laugh, and he cocks his head at me. I feel so happy and joyous! I feel like a young child again, spontaneous and connected with the whole world. That’s what I’m looking for...a little fun, it’s good to have fun! I start skipping along as I once did many years ago. It feels so freeing to just let go. I am humming with the beat of the jungle. We love to laugh, dream, have fun and just be. We’re human “beings” on this journey not human doings.

When you have feelings of fatigue, irritability or depression these are signs that you’re off center and you need to inject some fun into your day. Simple pleasures such as watching a funny movie, or laughing with a dear one are easy but important ways to have fun. And they don’t have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time. When we take the time to laugh and play we raise our vibration of energy. Playing can be magical, as it brings us to a joyful state, clears our mind and opens us up so we can tap into divine wisdom. This joy brings us to a place of creativity.

Take time to play, and let your creative juices flow. Have fun and enjoy the ride! You deserve to have pleasure, happiness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment